September 23 – Day 17: Nothing Happens. Twice.
(I take my title today from a famous description of Waiting for Godot . I think it’s pretty self-explanatory.) Sunday was much the same as Saturday at the beginning. Late call (1:30) and nothing to do in the morning. Despite the slim pickins at the farmers’ market Saturday, I thought, since I had a little extra time to wait in a bread line, I might try it again, but much to my surprise, there were no stalls. Since I’d stopped at the Starbucks on 26 th for a tea the day before, I decided to try it again, but adding a bagel this time. When I arrived at the store, though, the tea was waiting, but not the food. I told the barista, and he got right on it, but it’s something that’s happened more than once here, especially with the store at 9 th Street and Avenue A. I’m guessing that maybe New Yorkers have a felonious streak and tend to help themselves to the mobile orders of others, so the employees have learned to fill the orders once the customer is there. This tends to defeat th...



Comments
Post a Comment