October 26 – Day 50: And You Thought That Irish Play Was Long …
As I figured, Friday was crummy enough that my best option was to stay in and rest up. This whatever I’ve got keeps running an odd course. At times, I feel perfectly fine, with no congestion and a decent voice. At others, I’m a snot factory with some chest congestion and a raspy voice. It just won’t resolve itself in one way or another. I had a lot of television stacked up, so I had enough to do to keep me occupied while I caught up on my writing. I thought about taking a nap, but kept putting it off until about 4:45, when I realized I really had to at least try to close my eyes for a few minutes. I napped until just after 5:00, then woke up and got myself together to leave for the show. I bundled up, stopped at Starbucks, and went on my walk down St. Marks to the 6. Just after I crossed 1 st Avenue, though, I saw something I’d somehow been missing for the last few weeks. The St. Marks Taqueria (which I had noticed; just not the important part) was absolutely plastered with...




Comments
Post a Comment